- This event has passed.
Beyond the Bullsh*t (for men) is coming to The Agrestic Grocer very soon!
We’ll be having conversations that look beyond mental health ‘awareness’ for men, and into the practical steps of wellbeing – to support our own mental health, and to support our mates.
There will be 4 sessions in total, each one is different and topics covered will include:
• Stress and its various causes
• Understanding the autonomic nervous system
• Tools for managing difficult behaviours in others
• Boosting resilience with simple daily actions
• The neuroscience of mindfulness and self-esteem
• Relaxation and mindfulness techniques
• How to practise emotional granularity
• How to foster metacognition (thinking about thinking)
• The brain on shame, and how to rewire it
• Self-coaching for behaviour change
• Supporting others in a mental health crisis
Tickets are $15 per session, with finger food provided. Each session will be different, and sessions go for approximately 1.5 hours, give or take. I recommend coming to all sessions, but come to one session or a couple if you prefer (you’ll still get value).
• 9 October at 4pm
• 23 October at 4pm
• 6 November at 4pm
• 20 November at 4pm
Beyond the Bullsh*t is sponsored by Inland Digital, Kennards Hire, Orange Real Estate and The Agrestic Grocer, local businesses who value the importance of supporting mental health in our regional community.
The sessions will be held at The Agrestic Grocer, 426 Molong Road Orange. Men are invited to come along and listen, grow your mental health toolkit, and to share your story if you feel inspired to do so.
Bookings prior to the event are necessary as numbers are limited.