It’s usually this time of year that the Christmas creep appears…Mums feel desperate to find inspiration for fun, creative, unique, memorable and engaging gifts. We’ve kept this list general as there are many gifts that are suitable for different ages and stages, however we’ve highlighted those that can be found locally from our Central West businesses. You can also reference our local business members for all things you might need for Christmas on our directory.
1. Experiences make the best surprise gifts! This Christmas, why not book a tour with Orange Wine Tours to discover some of the best cellar doors.
2. Greenwood Designs have so many new designs that are both affordable and fun! I have my eye on these beautiful bling earrings for Christmas! Shop these beautiful gift packs; great for time-poor Mums!
3. Trang Hue Marinades and Sauces have a really popular gift pack including pork crackle and beef jerky which you can ship off to a friend you may miss at Christmas. Shop it here.
4. Whether it’s styling your Christmas event or gifting some beautiful blooms to a friend, Hearty Blooms will deliver a beautiful arrangement locally to Orange residents only.
6. With Summer produce heading our way like mangoes and cherries, why not send a boxed gift to loved ones you can’t be with at Christmas with Martelli Orchards
7. Amazing creative pieces and resin art from Lil’ Bluebird Resin Art. Select from range of wall art, serving boards and bottle openers.
9. As a Mum with a huge mental load, I wish for Christmas someone to buy me a 2hr Pamper Package from CosMedic Collective. Shop the packages and bundles for someone special now. CosMedic Collective are located in Orange, or shop gift hampers and other products here.
13. Sunglasses for every occasion. Make your way into Eye See Eyes to shop the range.
14. Caboodle can tick off many items off your Christmas list with a lovely range of baby and children’s gifts, clothing, books, essentials and toys. Beautiful gift ideas from tableware, candles, creams, gardening essentials and jewellery. Shop online or in-store Orange.
15. A very special gift for a whisky lover; Jones & Smith Distillery first release whisky collection presented in a beautiful box with glasses, leather coasters and two selective first release bottles. Shop it here.
16. It’s usually this time of the year when the men in your life need an upgrade on all their Summer wear; including swim shorts, shirts and shoes. Shop Gazman with online or in-store Orange and Dubbo for the latest collections here. Refer to their style guide for some inspiration on this link here.
17. Find inspiration here at Jenny’s Classroom for children aged 1+ years and upwards. So many exciting toys both fun and educational. See Jenny’s Classroom Facebook site here.
18. Steeped in history with a stunning heritage property and one of the best golf courses in the region, Duntryleague is a beautiful place to enjoy a Christmas occasion out or stay in Orange, Central West.
19. Perfect for the gin connoisseurs, you’ll be popular during the Christmas season on presenting this festive gin Epoch Tasting selection including the Signature Dry, Navy Strength and Cherry Gins. Shop it here amongst their range of award winning gins.
20. Orange City Centre has three jewellers; Angus & Coote, Prouds and Everly for gift pieces to suit all budgets. Selecting a special piece should be easier when there are lots of ideas for all ages under one roof.
21. We’ve all missed out on so much this year, so book that romantic weekend away now as a couple’s gift to stay at the multi-award winning Lakeview luxury retreat
23. The Peisley St Gallery knows how to put on stunning exhibitions and the fun end of year 5th annual ‘Off The Wall’ will make you feel like a kid in a candy shop! Featuring many local Central West based artists, this is a great place for Christmas shopping for the art lover. Visit their Gallery in Orange or shop the collection here online.
24. The Orange City Centre has lots of Christmas entertainment lined up for your Xmas shopping visits; pop in-store to shop the cutest range of boys and girls clothing at the recently opened Laurie Claire Kids.
25. For a DIY spa gift at home, popular R+F masks and micro-dermabrasion pastes make a great gift and keep your eye out for the FREE Gift valued at $89 when you spend $150 on a hair and skin package. Renee Vogler at R+F is a local representative for the brand.
27. For working Mums, Career Mum Collective has a monthly subscription box which could be the perfect gift to help working Mums thrive at work (and in life). Read local business Mum and Founder, Nicole’s story here.
28. I am obsessed with this foundation which doesn’t cause my skin to breakout and feels good from CosMedic Collective
30. Orange City Centre makes a great day trip in the Central West for Christmas shopping. With Laurie Claire, Sportsgirl, Big W and more stores, kids can visit Santa, have Xmas photos too. Stay tuned for updates!
31. Dg Cycle Co a huge range of bikes including trending mountain bikes and BMX which are on many a Xmas list this year!
36. The Avid Gardener has launched a beautifully presented collection of gift boxes for all types of gardeners. There’s four to choose from as well as a large number of gardener’s gifts from seed packets, garden gloves, hand care, candles and more.
37. For high quality stylish and comfortable footwear, Leisures have some spectacular new arrivals from ARA for the Summer months, get in quick! You can try shoes in-store at any of their stores across Sydney and NSW including the Orange store here.
39. Flowers always make us happy, everyone loves flowers and you’ll be inspired by gifting an arrangement of flowers here as well as foodie surprises and more, Shop the range here Pick Me Flowers and Gifts
40. Pop into Hansen Optometrists in Orange or Parkes to try on a large selection of frames in many different styles. Expert advice and many leading brands to choose from. Refer to online contact here.
42. Pinot and Picasso run art sessions across the entire state, so why not try something new as a gift for you and a friend? It’s a fun way to spend some quality time with a friend over the Summer break. Check out dates for sessions in Orange, NSW here.
43. Macquariedale Organic Wines are the newest high-altitude cellar door with stunning views in Canobolas, Orange. Organic, biodynamic, low preservative, vegan-friendly and natural wines, to ensure you are well sorted for quick gifts and Christmas Entertaining – Shop bubbles and wines here.
45. There are so many ways to dress up a wall or a space in the house like the kid’s bedrooms; speak with experts Leiarna and Jim Dunworth for smart ideas to decorate at Frame Effect
46. Terry White Chemmart has a large selection of beauty products including brands like Dr Lewinn’s, Roche Posay and Boost Lab which can make great stocking stuffers for teens and deluxe gifts for special family members. Click and Collect from the Orange store where you’ll also find Clinique gifts as well as many fragrances.
47. Gift a gym membership to the family from Fitness Perfection which is an inclusive affordable fitness club for all. Members travel from all over the Central West for their workouts. Jump on here to shop.
48. Janelle’s Soaps & Succulents are handmade with love with luxurious nourishing ingredients, bubbles, amazing scents and colours. They would also make bright stocking stuffers, teachers’ or kris kringle gifts too. CWM is eyeing out this Coconut Coffee Soap (Scrubby)!
49. For the golf-obsessed relative/friend, book a lesson to play on one of the best greens in NSW, and while you’re at it, some pro- equipment from the experts Matt and Nathan in the Golf Store at Duntryleague
50. Central West Mums have discovered this luxe local brand The Lavish Fox that have created unique gift boxes to indulge him or her. Gifting one of these will surely trigger some endorphins! Shop the range here.
52. The Yoga Room have an inspired gift for someone who has everything…Gift someone a gift voucher for Yoga classes to become inspired and motivated to move your body and other wonderful ideas…if you are looking for a unique Christmas gift for 3-7yr olds that will keep them busy in the Christmas holidays? Kids Yoga Stories is a collection of recorded stories peppered with yoga poses that kids will love. Buy them here.
53. Have you kids been naughty or nice? Check out these Santa certificate chocolates here which have been a hit in the lead up to Christmas! Excellent quality chocolate in milk and dark varieties; shop the Chocomise festive chocolates here.
54. Salt and Sage Swimwear is a locally designed and based period-proof swimwear. Specifically designed for tweens and teens who want to enjoy a carefree Summer filled with pool parties and beach adventures while feeling confident, comfortable and stylish.
55. A marvellous selection of musical instruments and more for younger kids like a ukulele (in a bag) for 3+ years in lots of colours, contact Landers Music in Orange.
56. Board Games like the popular Ticket To Ride, Catan, Imploding Kittens and more available from Games n More
59. Plan for the year ahead by investing in soft Australian Merino clothing by Woolerina. Buy online or visit in-store Forbes.
61. Philippa Mitchell from the The Fitting Studio offers bespoke service by appointment and is a bra fitter and retailer for swimwear and CalmCare vests which are like a big hug for kids. Phone: 0499 991 650
62. Create a Spanish fiesta with a paella pan and stand from Essential Ingredient
63. Unearthed Homewares in Cowra oozes fun and magic with so many gorgeous decorations, crackers and homewares to bring so much vibe to Christmas this year
65. One of the many hidden secrets in the beautiful quaint town of Millthorpe is Healing Touch Beauty Therapy. I recently experienced a full body exfoliation and scalp massage and I was transported to a heavenly place. Shop skincare and wellness products here too.
66. My Sensory Space is a fabulous website for all children. Lots of stocking stuffer ideas and toys.
67. For artists of all ages; find an amazing range of supplies online at The Little Art Nook or if living locally pop into their Orange store. Contact Nicky Macqueen here for more info on items.
68. Swinging Bridge Wines is one of the multi-award winning attractions that brings people together in the Central West. There are delicious experiences like the new savour menu which serves seven of their wines that are elegantly paired with a selection of canapés designed by Swinging Bridge’s in-house Chef and Sommeliers. Allow 60 mins.
69. Capture your family’s moments with a family photo shoot with some of our best photographers based here in the Central West. It’s a gift and memory for life.
70. Book a scenic hot air balloon flight which is an amazing experience and makes for a memorable gift. Situated in Canowindra you can choose from many packages here with Balloon Joy Flights here.
71. One of the iconic stores in the Central West, Hawkes General Store stocks so many local Australian and euro brands for fashion and home. Shop the latest here.
72. Gift a family member or close friend in Orange an organic food hamper from The Grocer & Co Organics. Nathan and Madi have a huge range of ingredients, produce as well as organic skincare items. Christmas goodies are in-store now!
74. Roadtrip Creative is a local graphic design and creative business who have put together a suite of framed illustrations based around Mum life. They would make the perfect gift for any special Mum in your life. Shop it here: https://www.roadtripcreative.com.au/shop
75. There are more ideas for Fitness and Wellbeing online classes, vouchers and memberships in our CWM directory to help a family member kickstart a healthy regime
76. For the cookbook lover this beauty will enhance their collection. Recipes for a Lifetime of Beautiful Cooking by Danielle Alvarez with Libby Travers. Available from local Collins Booksellers in Orange.
77. Pick Me Flowers & Gifts now has two stores in Orange and now Molong; Molong Flower Room located at 91 Bank Street where you can find in-store on homewares, gifts, kids toys and beautiful flowers. Shop online or in-store and order a delicious coffee why you’re at it if visiting the Molong store.
78. Shop with one of the best Milliners in the West now, or plan a very special bespoke piece for next Christmas now with Fiona Schofield Millinery
79. Jones & Smith Distillery have a range of authentically crafted spirits made in the Central West. This cherry gin makes a beautiful addition to your Christmas drinks table or gift this local and delicious Summery drop!
Other great on trend ideas…
80. Shopping for a teen in training? Shop what’s new at Fitbit for watches.
81. Capture your special moment like your child’s birth date here
82. Play, create, connect and learn with Connetix
83. Photo Puzzles and more to order here
85. Bring back retro and skate it up with Impala Skates
86. Shopping for a trampoline? Special offers and here’s the 2021 choice winner!
88. Buying an adventurous gift for the family like a tent, but not sure which one to buy? The RV5 touring tent is an excellent choice; easy to put up, sturdy in the rain and sleeps 5 people. For a family of 4-5, an equally good choice is the Wanderer Nightfall Dome Tent has a three bedroom design which means you could use the middle room for luggage
89. For serious Lego addicts – Shop exclusives and what’s new here.
90. Croquet is a wonderful game to play all year round for the entire family. Planet Finska has a substantial collection of stylish and fun outdoor games which are sure to be a winner amongst friends and family.
91. Keep kids and adults cosy on movie night with an Oodie, loads of designs and sale coming soon
92. Be festive without feeling fuzzy, with these fun bright delicious AF, Sugar-free drinks from Monday Distillery
94. Pjs are a brilliant stocking stuffer and there’s a huge selection of brands available on the Iconic for kids, tweens, teens and adults. They also make a great light-weight idea to send something overseas. Shop Pjs here.
97. Buy Dad the best for his workouts with a Theragun PRO
98. Kris Kringle ideas for unisex presents are Happy Socks; for every personality as well as practical
99. Weber has launched their limited edition, 70th Anniversary kettle collection of barbecues. A fabulous choice of colours to make cooking outside fun. Shop range here.
100. For music and sound lovers, check out turntables and speaker equipment here.
Happy Christmas Shopping!