The Cargo to Grenfell Walk is a registered fundraising event that takes place between the two regional towns of Cargo and Grenfell, both located in the Central West of New South Wales.
Participants are put to the test of both mental and physical endurance during the 96km trek with the aim to raise awareness and funds to overcome mental health and suicide prevention.
The event is over 3 days and you can chose to participate in one day or three. There is choice to walk alone or in a team!
DAY 1: CARGO TO CANOWINDRA
Date: Thursday 14th of March 2024
- Group A (Walk) – 23km walk from Cargo Inn Carpark to Canowindra Hotel
Start Time: 12:00pm / 5:30pm —— MIN Pace Req 4.3km
- Group B (Advance) – 23km Walk from Cargo Inn Carpark to Canowindra Hotel
Start Time: 1:30pm / 5:30pm —— MIN Pace Req 5.8km
DAY 2: CANOWINDRA TO GOOLOOGONG
Date: Friday 15th of March 2024
- Group A (Walk) – 28km walk from Canowindra Hotel to Gooloogong Hotel
Start Time: 08:45am / 5:30pm ——- MIN Pace Req 3.5km
- Group B (Advance) – 28km walk from Canowindra Hotel to Gooloogong Hotel
Start Time: 10:15am / 5:30pm ——- MIN Pace Req 41.2km
DAY 3: GOOLOOGONG TO GRENFELL
Date: Saturday 16th of March 2024
- Group A (Walk) – 44km walk from Gooloogong Hotel to Grenfell Country Club
Start Time: 7:30am / 6:00pm ——- MIN Pace Req 4.2km
- Group B (Advance) – 44km walk from Gooloogong Hotel to Grenfell Country Club
Start Time: 10:00am / 6:00pm ——- MIN Pace Req 5.6km
- Half Marathon – 21.5km Run from Warraderry Way to Grenfell Country Club
Start Time: 1:00pm / 6:00pm ——MIN Pace Req 4.2km
Why do Cargo2Grenfell?
- Be a part of a great cause
- Make new connections & Friendships
- Put yourself to the test both mentally & physically
- Accomplish a goal with a meaning
- Have some fun & Socialise!
- Do something you’ve never done before
Feedback from the C2G Walk participants, volunteers and anyone else involved has always been super positive. Not only is it an event to challenge yourself, but immerses you in a supportive environment. The culture of the event allows everyone to feel comfortable along the journey to have great conversations about mental health or have some fun with banter and light-hearted conversations. We welcome all abilities and have support vehicles throughout the whole event along with authorised traffic controllers and checkpoint stops along the way to re-hydrate, rest and eat some food. So why not gather some friends or family and give it a go while raising money for mental health!
For more information please go to the Cargo to Grenfell website