Cumnock Village Preschool
Cumnock Village Preschool
Post on: 14 May 2021
Do you want to lead an amazing team in a supportive environment? We are seeking a Director with passion and desire who will share our vision and lead our amazing and unique little Preschool into its exciting future.
Cumnock Village Preschool is a small community-based not-for-profit service managed by a parent and community representative Committee. We operate Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 4.00pm during NSW School terms. Cumnock is an easy drive from Orange, Molong, Parkes, Canowindra, Wellington & Dubbo.
Reporting to the Management Committee, the Director, as Nominated Supervisor, is responsible for leading the strategic planning and the effective day to day operational management of the Preschool.
You will enjoy working in a beautiful Preschool with engaging indoor and outdoor learning environments. We are focused on personal and professional development and ensuring our staff receive mentoring and the opportunity for career growth. Cumnock is a wonderful unique and friendly community, which the Preschool is an integral part of.
Essential criteria for the Director’s Position:
- A Bachelor of Education (EC) or Bachelor of Teaching (EC) (or currently ‘Actively Working Towards their Bachelor)
- Experience as an educational leader working with preschool-aged children (3- 5 years old)
- A thorough understanding of the EYLF, NQS and other legislative requirements
- Current Working with Children Clearance
- Current Child Protection qualifications
- Current First Aid qualification
- Registration for teaching proficiency through NESA
- Sound computer literacy and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgets and cash flow’s
- Understanding of preschool funding and grant applications
- Ideally, experience in a Director’s role
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reporting to the Management Committee
- Oversee the establishment and daily running of the centre, ensuring a high standard of care and education.
- Ensure the centre operates within the centres policies and procedures along with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Support, supervise and assist staff in providing programs that reflect the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships and effective communication with all staff members, children, families, and the broader Cumnock Community.
- Excellent and professional written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative leadership style
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and conflict resolution
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary with an annual salary review and the opportunity to receive a bonus
- Negotiable 4 or 5 day working week
- Opportunity to be a Teaching Director or Director
- Supportive Committee, that will assist with transition into the role and support any upskilling, mentoring and support you require.
- Opportunity to work within a growing organisation where the key focus is on the quality education and care of children
- Training, professional development and networking opportunities
To see our beautiful preschool please go to www.cumnockpreschool.com.