Post on: 24 March 2021
Why Gowrie NSW?
- Great hours on offer providing flexibility.
- We are a value driven organisation and are dedicated to make a lasting impact on children’s lives.
- Unlimited and free access to professional development available through our Gowrie Educational Hub
- Competitive rates of pay
- Uniform provided and allowance paid
- Opportunity to work in our enjoyable Vacation Care program starting 1st April!
About Gowrie NSW
A leader in early and middle childhood for 80 years, Gowrie NSW is a surplus for purpose organisation providing a range of education and care, family support and professional development programs to the early and middle childhood sector across NSW and ACT. We are a growing organisation and employ many dedicated professionals, we offer excellent rewards and recognition, a supportive working and learning environment, and opportunities for professional development and continued learning.
The role of the casual Early Childhood Educator is to work as part of a team to create a warm and inclusive environment for children, and provide quality education and care services for children and families.
Shifts are offered between the hours of 6:30am-6:30pm.
The role will entail:
- Assisting with and communicate ideas towards programs and experiences to meet the needs of individual children
- Contributing to the completion of documentation of children's skills and interests that includes a clear cycle of reflective practice
- Ensuring the physical environment is well maintained
- Engaging in professional communication with families and caregivers
- Supporting and assisting fellow staff with the day to day running of the centre rooms.
Qualities we are looking for are:
- Dedication & Commitment
- Good Communication and able to work as part of a team
- Understanding of primary care giving
- Respectful and caring practice with children.
- The ability to understand and implement EYLF & NQS requirements
Essential requirements for this position are:
- Completed Certificate III or Diploma in Education and Care qualification
- Current Nationally recognised first aid Including certificate anaphylaxis and asthma
- Completed child protection course ( Indentify and Respond)
- New Working with Children Check